ASSEMBLY & INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing Frame Your Mirror in your plan to transform your plain mirror into a stunning decorative accent. Please follow these instructions carefully and if you have any questions or problems please call us at 1-888-983-7263, Monday through Friday, 9:00-4:00 MST.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FRAMES ORDERED FOR DELIVERY IN CALGARY WILL BE PREASSEMBLED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. If required, installation is available by request.
Included in your order:
- 4 Frame lengths
- 4-8 plastic joint connector keys (depending on frame size)
- 1 Bottle of wood glue
- If your mirror is hung with removable mirror clips a package of replacement clips will also be included.
What you will require:
- small hammer or mallet
- non-permenant marker or Dixon china marking pencil (available at Staples or Office Depot)
- second person
- damp rag
Assembling the Frame
- Lay out the four frame lengths face down on a flat surface and position the pieces as indicated on the back of each frame length.
- Take out the plastic joint connector keys, and observe whether or not there are two different lengths. Match the connector key length to the corresponding slots on the frame pieces. If there are two lengths of plastic keys in your package, the longer plastic keys go in the slot that is in the thicker part of the frame and the shorter plastic keys. (Note: Some frames have plastic keys that are all the same length).
- Apply wood glue(small bottle with red tip) to the two adjoining ends spreading evenly so that the entire end of each piece is coated.
- Align the glued ends and insert the proper length plastic key(s) into the slot(s), with the flat end of the connector key facing up and the pointed end down. Press in all connector keys with your thumb and if required tap lightly with hammer so that the plastic keys are flush with the frame back.
- Repeat this process for the remaining joints of the frame.
- Turn the frame over and check to see that each corner joint is aligned,flush and tight. If required, adjust joint so it is flush and aligned before glue dries.
- Complete assembly by wiping off any excess glue with a damp cloth.
- Let the frame sit for approximately 60 minutes to allow the glue to dry.
- Clean the area of the mirror where the frame will sit with a one-part vinegar 3-parts water solution and wipe dry.
Installing the Frame (12 minutes)
- Test fit the frame by placing it on the mirror surface. If you indicated in your order that your mirror has removable clips, replace them with the clips supplied in your package. Ensure the replacement clips are securely anchored to the wall
- Retrieve a level and non-permenant marker. With a partner, hold the frame up against the mirror and make sure that each edge of the frame covers the mirror completely.
- Once the frame is level take the marker pen and trace out the inside of the frame edge in each of the four corners.
- Take the frame down from the mirror surface and lay it face down on the floor. Remove the backing from the industrial strength adhesive strips on the back of the frame sections.
- Next, carefully place the frame back on the mirror surface in line with the corner markings you traced out on the mirror.
- Exert pressure on the frame with your finger tips by moving along the top section first, then the sides and finally the bottom section. Repeat the process a couple of times to affix it permanently.
- Wipe the non-permanent markings you traced on the mirror off with a dry paper towel or damp rag if required.
Congratulations you have transformed your plain mirror into a beautiful decorative accent!